Archaeology Survey and Historical Research Reports
Here you may access the reports of the various archaeology surveys and excavations carried out recently at Aberlady, together with associated research reports.
- Historical Research (367.96 KB)
- Seventh Century Iona Abbots and Scottish Place Names.pdf (2.35 MB)
- The Glebe Geophysics Report (865.96 KB)
- Butchers Field DSR (3.47 MB)
- Harbour Timbers Dendrochronology Report (433.82 KB)
- Harbour DSR (2.50 MB)
- SSmugglers' Cave Report (6.23 MB)
- Smugglers' Cave GPR Survey (2.23 MB)
- midget submarines survey.pdf (737.84 KB)
Talks & Tours
What people said:
"Enjoyable talk and walk around Aberlady. Tour was just the right length, and of interest. Ian was very knowledgeable about the history and archaeology of the area."
"Other things were pointed out en route, e.g. submarines, the wooden slats and sunken posts in the area of the harbour which formed the edge of the old harbour, remains of fishing boats left for picturesque effect, the connection between the setting of the local church and the one at Lindisfarne, even some basking seals."
"The man who led this is obviously an enthusiast and his talk was extremely well prepared. We then went on a walk to see at first hand what he had talked about.
"Even the weather was wonderful."