Aberlady Conservation and History Society was established in 2001. The Society aims to research, conserve and promote the village’s historic and natural environment. We do this by organising local archaeology and conservation projects, and by a monthly programme of talks, open to all interested.
The Village of Aberlady
Aberlady, situated 20 miles east of Edinburgh on the southern shore of the Firth of Forth, has a population of around 1,200.
The village has a very long history dating back to before the Dark Ages, and the Anglian Cross which stood here 1300 years ago was a symbol of peace and reconciliation during a period before the kingdoms of Scotland and England had been formed. More recently, Aberlady was a medieval port and market town and during Edwardian times was a popular tourist centre, aided by the village’s own railway station.
For more information on the village, please visit the Aberlady Community Association Website.